Response to Covid-19
Jesuit Dallas continues to monitor closely and communicate the continuing developments regarding the coronavirus outbreak (Covid-19).
Please continue to check back to this site for updates to events on and off-campus.
- eLearning Protocol is in place through May 3. Please see Moodle.
- The campus is closed to all students and visitors with no exceptions - this includes all academic and athletic facilities (Dell and fields).
- All school-sponsored extracurricular activities, including rehearsals, practices, competitions, clubs and service initiatives are also suspended through May 3.
- Junior Kairos scheduled for March 25-27 has been postponed. Makeup dates TBD.
- Junior/Senior prom, scheduled for April 4, has been postponed. Reschedule date TBD.
- Applications for Jesuit programs and scholarships may be submitted electronically to the appropriate contact or when the school re-opens.
Upcoming Campus-wide Programs (in order of planned date; as event changes are announced, they will be added to this listing)
- All Jesuit Dallas Museum activities and tours have been cancelled or postponed. (Contact: Elizabeth Hunt-Blanc)
- Jesuit School Network (JSN) Counselors and Learning Specialists conference planned for March 31-April 2 has been cancelled. (contact: Jack Fitzsimmons)
- The Class of 2024 Welcome Barbeque scheduled for April 29 has been postponed. Reschedule date TBD. (contact: Tim Host)
- The Blue & Gold Banquet celebrating the Jesuit Dallas Sports Hall of Fame, and scheduled for May 2, has been postponed. The event will be rescheduled for a date to be determined later. (contact: Sean McMullen)
Please remember that it is also flu season and the following preventative actions should be taken every day to reduce the spread of any respiratory virus:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (sing “Happy Birthday” twice). If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Remember that handwashing is the strongest way to prevent the spread of disease.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands; germs spread this way.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze (use your upper sleeve if a tissue is not available).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We also encourage all parents and students to monitor the CDC website as it provides the most up-to-date information: Coronavirus Disease 2019.
- Continuing response to covid-19 - 4/2/20
- Continuing Response to Covid-19 - 3/26/20
- Continuing Response to COVID-19 - 3/19/20
- Continuing response to covid-19 - 3/13/20
- continuing response to covid-19 - 3/12/20
- Continuing Response to Covid-19 - 3/11/20
- Important Notice for Spring Break - 3/10/20
- An Important Message to Current Parents: Coronavirus - 3/3/20