Summer School enrollment for returning students will begin at 8 a.m. on February 10, 2022. Enrollment is limited and goes fast, so please plan accordingly. It is highly recommended that students consult their counselor for recommendations and advice – they can also review the graduation requirements with you. A link for registration is posted on the at the bottom of this page.
About Summer School:
Summer school courses are offered at $550.00 per course. Payment is due at registration. Financial assistance is provided in the form of payment options: families can pay in-full at the time of registration or in payments. Refunds will not be given after classes begin. You can pay in-full or with installments. Questions regarding cost should be directed to Ben Kirby (firstname.lastname@example.org).Jesuit expects students to plan to be in-person for summer school.
- Rising seniors are limited to 2 courses during the summer (only one may be Art or Computer)
- Underclassmen are limited to 1 elective during the summer.
- Thomas Cuisine will be providing lunch for students participating in Summer School
- All students and families are expected to read and follow the content provided in the Summer School Handbook.
Important Scheduling Notes:
- Jesuit Dallas will observe Juneteenth on Monday, June 20th. There will be no classes on this day.
- Classes will be 3 hours and 15 minutes (8am-11:15am and 12pm-3:15pm)
As Summer School offers semester-long courses in 14 class days, any student who plans to miss 2 or more class sessions should not enroll. They may be withdrawn from the course without a grade if this occurs during the summer. Every year, conflicts occur with involvements. No accommodations are made for conflicts with summer school, regardless of the involvement being associated with Jesuit. Summer School is not required.
- Registration for travel programs is NOT through the Camp Brain portal that opens Feb. 10. Students should talk to course/trip coordinators for details.
- Students who have been confirmed for Marine Biology may take an additional summer class but it must be in the morning
- Students who have been confirmed for Government Close-Up or History of Rome may not take any additional summer classes; travel happens on the last week of summer school.
Steps to Register:
- Visit the registration site and create an account. Accounts can only be created once registration opens.
- Select the courses you wish to take. The course is placed in your cart and will remain for 20 minutes before being released.
- Select your payment option (pay in full or installations).
- Complete the registration and, if applicable to your course, necessary forms.
You will receive a confirmation email after submitting and paying. If you are on the waitlist you will also receive an email. Any student on the waitlist will be contacted if a spot becomes available.
Questions? Contact Dr. Ben Kirby at email@example.com.
2022 Summer School Courses
Fine Arts: Art Survey; Ceramics; Music Appreciation; Art of Film; Theater
Theology: *Christian Relationships and *Interreligious Dialogue
Social Studies: *Government (on campus); *Economics; *Psychology
Computer Science: Game Design (student must have >85% in Introduction to Computer Programming for the accelerated summer version)
Math: Pre-calculus (limited enrollment; based on Honors Algebra 2 grade; talk with your teacher if interested)
Science: Astronomy; Microbiology, Engineering Design
*Class of 2023 only