The College Counseling program prepares students to pursue higher education. Across all grade levels, students are introduced to multiple planning tools, resources and opportunities for advising which help to develop their knowledge of higher education and preparedness for the college application process. By exploring areas of interest, discussing possible career paths and taking a unique interest in each student, the College Counseling program aims to live true to the Jesuit ideals of education. We embrace the cura personalis, seeking to find the right place for each student after his graduation from Jesuit appreciating his individual gifts, circumstances and potential to ensure a great college experience.
Programs and Opportunities that Jesuit offers:
- Senior Parent Meetings: these large-group settings are great times to learn about the global atmosphere of college admissions and gain a better understanding of what Jesuit can do to help
- Individual Family Meetings: We encourage each family to schedule a time to meet with a college counselor. These meetings are personal and allow all avenues of school choice, finance options, etc., to be discussed. You can sign-up below!
- Student Guidance Meetings: Each week, students meet with their counselor/s to talk about the process and get group and individual support on the application process.
- Holding On - Letting Go: This spring-time event provides parents a candid conversation about the emotional and physical changes that happen as their son leaves the house for college. It is a very powerful (and popular!) experience.
- College Prelection: This spring-time presentation explores topics from roommate challenges to the various temptations college might provide. It gives families a framework for very important (and often difficult) conversations. It is designed to be experienced by the young man and his parent/s.
We are always available to help and look forward to working with you through this exciting process.