Technology Device Resources
Please direct any questions to Mark Batik, Jesuit's educational technologist, at 972-387-8700 x462 or email@example.com.
Course materials include: e-books viewable on the ipad, paperbacks, hardbacks, and some form of compendium. Whenever possible Jesuit will bulk purchase digital texts for students and distribute them at no cost to the student.
The booklist will be available in July when schedules are mailed. Please do not purchase books before the official booklist is released.
Minimum Device Requirements
- Must be able to access Wi-Fi networks.
- Screen size should be greater than 7 inches.
- Minimum memory storage of 256GB (most models will have substantially more storage than this)
- Minimum RAM of 4GB
- The device’s battery must be able to last 5 hours on a charge.
- Students will not be allowed to use a smartphone as their school use device
- Device should have access to a camera for eLearning
*if device does not have a camera students must have access to a device for video conferencing and assignment submission.
Product Specific Recommendations:
- Apple products: MacOS 10.12 or newer.
- Microsoft/PC products: Laptop or Surface tablet with Windows 10 or newer
- Note: Beginning with the Class of 2025, the Chrome OS is no longer acceptable. This is due to performance/application requirements of various required courses.
- Students must bring their device charger with them to school
- Students will not be allowed to use a smartphone as their school device
- Student devices must be fully charged at the start of the school day
- Students must keep their device in good working order and have any maintenance performed within two weeks of discovery
Calculators at Jesuit
While students will be introduced to a variety of online tools and resources in each of their math courses, graphing calculators remain valuable tools for their math instruction and testing. Jesuit students are expected to bring their own TI-84 Plus CE Graphing Calculator to their math class every day. Students will be assessed with and without the use of a calculator. Students are permitted to use any PSAT approved calculator, but teachers will only demonstrate the use of the TI-84 Plus CE Graphing Calculator in all math courses.