Technology Device Resources
Please direct any questions to Mark Batik, Jesuit's educational technologist, at 972-387-8700 x462 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course materials include: e-books viewable on the ipad, paperbacks, hardbacks, and some form of compendium. Whenever possible Jesuit will bulk purchase digital texts for students and distribute them at no cost to the student.
The booklist will be available in July when schedules are mailed. Please do not purchase books before the official booklist is released.
Minimum Device Requirements (2020-2021):
- Must be able to access Wi-Fi networks.
- Screen size should be greater than 7 inches.
- Storage of 16GB is required and 32GB or higher is recommended.
- The device’s battery must be able to last 5 hours on a charge.
- Students will not be allowed to use a smartphone as their school use device
- Device should have access to a camera for eLearning*
*if device does not have a camera students must have access to a device for video conferencing and assignment submission.
Product Specific Recommendations:
- Chromebook: ChromeOS
- Apple products: MacOS 10.12 or newer.
- Microsoft/PC products: Laptop or Surface tablet with Windows 10 or newer
- What prompted the change in policy (from iPad)?
- What technology products and services will my son receive while at Jesuit?
- Will Jesuit repair devices?
- What will happen to my son's current iPad?
- Which formats will be used for course material?
- How will my son obtain materials for his classes next year?
- Will Jesuit provide a hardship waiver for the purchase of a new school device?
- What happens if a device is lost or stolen?
- What happens if my son forgets to bring his iPad to school?
- Will my son need to purchase a calculator?